Pages

8.9.08

Provo Moments

*Not meeting my roomate for two days (even tho we had slept in the same room)
*Walking 2 miles home in a short dress and
wedges/bare foot
cuz
I don't own a vehicle
*Having unneccesary sore thighs from riding up
the provo hills on 5th gear when apparently
you are suppose to switch to 1st gear... and finally giving up and
walking my bike up the hill cuz I was going like one mile per hour cuz it was so stinkin hard!
*Riding up yet another hill, making it to the top, and having to turn around and go home b/c of natual causes (wink, wink)
*Being so starving that you jump on any opportunity for free food.
*Having a boy call himself socially awkward and tell me that talking to someone for 5 minutes is leading them on...
*Boy deciding to run home next to Mine and Brooke's matching bikes cuz apparently our conversation couldn't end at the cross walk
*My stuff almost always flying out of my basket everytime
I go over some sort of crack in the road
*riding the long way around when it would have taken half that time to get me a white basket b/c the black basket looked like a fish bowl
*spanish teacher only talks in spanish even tho its a 101 class,
and laughing to myself cuz no
matter how hard i concentrate it just doesn't
turn into english in my head.
*being invited to a scone party and showing up, getting ingnored by
the boys who invited us, and getting smoked out
of the apartment,
apparently there is no scone party so we awkwardly leave
*Apparently i am 12 years old and cut myself shaving so bad
i'm pretty sure it'll scar
{the cut is an inch and a half no joke}
It's a long list that may or may not make sense, but needless to say it has been an adventure and it has been fun to just laugh it off. I love being here at BYU its so fun especially b/c of all the mishaps. And I had the best sunday ever yesterday we got to hear from Pres. Uchtdorf, Elder Packer, and Elder Holland all in person! Elder Hollands talk was so amazing! You should all look it up. Ok thats all for now. Have a splendid day, hopefully my misfortunes made your day look alot better :)

9 comments:

The Williamson's said...

You freakin crack me up!!!! I'm still laughing! Hey lets video chat after one tree hill tonight and discuss I think Brooke is going to go crazy this week! Love you!

Krista said...

OMG, those were pretty much the funniest moments ever known to Provo! I'm sorry you got smoked out but what I wonder is if they weren't making scones and the smoke wasn't from cooking...what was it from??? Also, for Spanish you need to find a cute, socially aware, non-stalking kind of guy to help you translate. Glad you could end your moments with amazing talks from some amazing men! Love, love, love you tons!!!

Brooke said...

you forgot the part about how everyone in our Book of Mormon class was all historical and super smart the first day of class, and how we thought we must have seriously missed something in sunday school or seminary...we must have missed that stuff the year we had seminary together and never stopped talking

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you can laugh about it and still see the good things too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all your crazy moments. You know that they only can happen to you. I am glad to hear that you are having a good time!

Em said...

Those were pretty good... and the whole shaving thing.. makes me cringe... ouch!

Unknown said...

go p-town! sounds like you are having quite the adventure! i always cut myself shaving too... it stinks! yours sounds very very painful though! have a great semester!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats freaking awesome! I sure miss you kels. Hope all is going well. LOVE YA!

Nash said...

Elder Holland is a favorite, I heard him at Ricks and it had a big impact on me, mostly because he talked about his wife waiting for him, and I was about to do the same for Paul. Not that it's a great reason, but he's fantastic.